Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences - IGIMS Patna
The Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS) was established on 19 November 1993 as an autonomous institution on the pattern of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. Its one of the main health care institutions in the state of Bihar. The institute is one of the premier institutions for providing education in medical science and conducting health and medicinal research. The Institute has the following objectives
- To provide health and medical care of highest standard
- To train specialists of high order in different branches of medical services
- To improve the health service in the State through appropriate linkage and referral system with Medical Colleges and District and Sub divisional hospitals.
- To develop the continued education program and award degrees and certificates and Post Graduate degrees.
- To develop clinical research center for conducting investigation on the problems of human health and diseases peculiar to and prevent in this part of the country.
- To develop Community Health Research Center to study and find out solutions to the problems of health of the community with particular emphasis on reproductive biology and population control.
- To develop research and training in basic sciences relevant to the problems and needs of the Community.
Facilities in Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
The Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences offers the following facilities
- Patient Care
- OPD Schedule
- Specialty Clinics
- Laboratory Services
- Emergency Services
- Child Health Care, and
- Other Services