Lalit Narayan Mithila University - LNMU Darbhanga
Published on: Mar 22, 2010
The Lalit Narayan Mithila University in Darbhanga district of Bihar was made possible due to rigorous efforts of Eminent academicians like Dr. Amarnatha Jha, Dr. R.C. Mazumdar, Dr. A. S. Altekar, Dr. Sunit Kumar Chaterjee and many others. These people made demand to the government for establishment of a modern university at Darbhanga. On 27 January 1947 the Mithila University committee was formed; Dr Amarnath Jha was the President of this committee and Pt. Harinath Mishra the General Secretary. The year 1968 was the turning point when a UGC team visited Darbhanga to find the chances of establishing a multi faculty university here. Following the recommendations of the UGC team the State Government formed a committee to check the administrative and academic structure of a modern University at Darbhanga.
The Government of India formed another committee consisting of Sri T. P. Singh, Secretary Ministry of Education and Social Welfare, Sri. R. K. Chhabra, secretary, U.G.C. and Sri N. D. J. Rao, Education Commissioner, Bihar, to look into the matter. The committee reported that the establishment of a separate and independent University at Darbhanga could be considered on merit. As an outcome the Mithila University was established in Darbhanga under an ordinance in 1972 carving out colleges at Darbhanga division and Kosi division from the then two Universities Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur respectively.
In 1975 the Mithila University was renamed as Lalit Narayan Mithila University. But it was soon reversed to the original name through an ordinance. Later in 1980, the name Lalit Narayan Mithila University was restored through an ordinance. In 1986 the University got recognition from University Grants Commission (UGC) of India under section 12 (A) of the UGC Act. Since February 1989 the University is getting institutional development grants under section 12(B) of the UGC Act. The Lalit Narayan Mithila University is one of the prime institutions for providing higher education in Bihar. The university conducts various courses through its different faculties and affiliated colleges at graduate, postgraduate, and research level. The university offers hostel facilities for men and women.
DepartmentsFollowing is the list of University Departments of LNMU:
- University Department of Bio-technology
- University Department of Botany
- University Department of Chemistry
- University Department of Commerce & Business Administration
- University Department of Economics
- University Department of English
- University Department of Geography
- University Department of Hindi
- University Department of History
- University Department of Home Science
- University Department of Maithili
- University Department of Mathematics
- University Department of Music & Dramatics
- University Department of Philosophy
- University Department of Physics
- University Department of Political Science
- University Department of Psychology
- University Department of Sanskrit
- University Department of Sociology
- University Department of Urdu
- University Department of Zoology
M.Com Addmission cut of list in G.D.COLLEGE BEGUSARAI.
- Comment #2
Sir/Madam,Kindly update me by when university is going to publish the result of B.A(English Honors part-1
- Comment #1