dcsimg

Rajendra Agricultural University Courses

Updated on: Feb 11, 2013

Rajendra Agricultural University offer various courses at different levels. Given below is the list of courses offered by RAU Pusa

Under Graduate Programme

  • Agriculture Faculty
    B.Sc.(Ag.)-Bachelor’s of Science in Agriculture

  • Veterinary Faculty
    B.V.Sc.& A.,H.-Bachelor’s of Veterinary. Science and Animal Husbandry.
    B.Tech. (DT)-Bachelor of Technology in Dairy Technology.
    B.F.Sc. - Bachelor of Fisheries Science.

  • Home Science Faculty
    B.Sc.(H.Sc.)-Bachelor of Science in Home Science

  • Agricultural Engineering Faculty
    B.Tech. (Agri. Engg):--Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural. Engineering

  • Faculty of Basic Sciences & Humanities
    B.Tech.(Biotechnology)- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology.

Post Graduate Programme

  • M.Sc.(Ag.) degree in the following disciplines are awarded to those holding B.Sc.(Ag.) Degee
    Agronomy
    Agricultural Economics
    Entomology
    Horticulture
    Plant Pathology
    Genetics & Plant Breeding
    Soil Science
    Seed Technology
    Extension Education & Communication
    Plant Physiology
    Agriculture Statistics
    Biochemistry
    Nematology

  • M.V.Sc. degree is offered in the following disciplines
    Veterinary. Anatomy & Histology
    Veterinary Animal Reproduction Gynecology & Obstetrics
    Veterinary Medicine
    Veterinary Microbiology
    Veterinary Parasitology
    Veterinary Pathology
    Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
    Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
    Veterinary Public Health
    Veterinary Physiology
    Animal Nutrition
    Animal Breeding & Genetics
    Extension Education
    Livestock Production & Management
    Livestock Production Technology

  • M.Tech (Ag.Engg) degree in the following disciplines
    Soil & Water Engineering
    Farm Power & Machinery
    Post Harvest Technology

  • M.Sc. degree will be awarded in the following subjects to those holding B.Sc.(Hons.) Degree.
    Plant Physiology

    Microbiology
    Biochemistry
    Genetics &Plant Breeding
    Agricultural Statistics

  • M.Sc. degree in Home Science will be awarded in the following subjects to those holding B.Sc.(H.Sc.) degree:-
    Food &Nutrition
    Home Science Extension Education
    Family Resource Management

Ph.D.degree is offered in the following areas:

  1. Agronomy
  2. Plant Breeding
  3. Soil Science
  4. Plant Pathology
  5. Entomology
  6. Agricultural Economics
  7. Extension Education
  8. Horticulture
  9. Animal Reproduction Gynaecology & Obstretrics
  10. Plant Physiology
  11. Genetics
  12. Veterinary Anatomy & Histology
  13. Veterinary Microbiology
  14. Veterinary Parasitology
  15. Animal Breeding & Genetics
  16. Veterinary Pharmacology
  17. Veterinary Medicine

Certificate Course and Post-Graduate Diploma in the following subjects are offered:-

  1. Professional Farmer’s Training
  2. Mali Training
  3. Plant Protection Training
  4. Bee Keeping Training
  5. Training in Agricultural Engineering Trades;
  6. Livestock Production Training;
  7. Training for Fish Culture;
  8. Training in Milk handling and maintenance of much animal;
  9. Certificate course in Mushroom Production & Processing- 6 months
  10. Certificate course in Computer Application- 6months
  11. Certificate course in Lab. Technique- 6 months
  12. Certificate course in Artificial Insemination- 6months
  13. P.G. Diploma in Library Science- one year duration

Admission Scenerio

  1. Under Graduate Program – Admission to Under Graduate program offered by the university is made on the basis of performance in Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) administered by government of Bihar and All India Entrance Examination (AIEE) administered by ICAR and VCI. 85% seats are filled on the basis of merit in BCECE, remaining 15% are offered on the basis of performance in (AIEE).

  2. Post Graduate Programs – Admission to Post Graduate Master’s Degree Program and Ph.D. is made on the basis of separate Competitive Test administered by the University.
Subscribe to our newsletter

Learn all about Bihar
Explore our interactive map!